Transat refused to let her fly to Canada (ie relying on Canadian regulations).
Here are the facts:
- AB is an Italian citizen. As such, she is entitled to travel to Canada without a visa.
- AB holds a valid Italian passport.
- She also has an Argentinian passport. This one has a different gender marker to her Italian documents because bureaucracy is a massive, complicated pain.
- She has documents confirming that she is who she says she is. Three of them.
- She doesn’t look like she did eight years ago.
- Despite her being AN ITALIAN CITIZEN WITH A VALID PASSPORT WHO IS ENTITLED TO TRAVEL TO CANADA WITHOUT A VISA, Air Transat refused her permission to board.
- Air Transat refused her permission to board because she doesn’t look the way she did eight years ago and has a different gender marker. Despite her having all the necessary documentation showing that she is trans and confirming her identity.
Christin Milloy alerted us to this story, the full details of which are here.